We have a 1 year old Karan acoustics KA L Reference MkIII preamplifier with phono and KA S 600 stereo amplifier for sale.
The units are under 5 year transferable warranty, and they have 4 years left until October 2021 !!!
The price is 18.000EURO for the combo!
The preamplifier is a two box Karan acoustics statement product with power supply contained in one box and all the sensitive preamplification components in the other.
This particular KA L Reference MKIII has optional MM/MC phono board installed with 0,2mV sensitivity for MC cartridges.
- Completely balanced, dual mono circuit topology with no overall feedback
- All stages are DC coupled and operate in true pure class A
- Separate power supply
- In order to avoid inherent nonlinearities of potentiometers, this preamp uses a four-gang attenuator, with 64 positions, implemented by using highest quality vacuum relays and fixed value 0.1% tolerance metal film resistors
- Due to high sensitivity to interference of preamplifiers, the power supply has been relegated to a separate case of its own, and has been made ultra stable using four stabilisation levels per channel
- The preamp is remote controllable for volume only
The behemoth amplifier, Karan Acoustics KA S 600 weighs over 160 pounds and delivers 1800W per channel into 2 OHM load !!!!
This is true dual mono amplifier which require TWO power cables.
- Technical data:
- Extremely short signal path, 24k gold plated circuit boards;
- 20 ultra fast Sanken RET output power devices per channel, with a total current capability of 400 Amperes;
- 8 voltage regulation stages;
- Current feedback topology, with no overall feedback and with only 0.02% Intermodulation distortion (IMD) at rated power output into 8 Ohms;
- Each channel uses a custom moulded 1,500 VA extremely low noise toroidal transformer and 132.000 µF of total capacitance;
- Frequency response DC-300kHz +0, -3 dB;
- S/N ratio better than -112 dB at rated output into 8 Ohms;
- Damping factor better than 10.000:1 into 8 Ohms, 20Hz-20kHz;
- Pink noise power output of 600W/1.000/1.800 into 8/4/2 Ohms;
- Input sensitivity: 2V
- Net weight 76 kg